Thursday 23 October 2008

Doesn't time fly......

My aim for October was to have a placement sorted before it was time to go trick or treating. Well I have just over a week left and I have some very promising leads. Jo Scupham the very nice lady from the placements office has informed me about a P.R opportunity at a local charity and is meeting the people in charge, with my C.V in hand. I have also applied to ten different P.R and Marketing companies in and around the Leeds area and I feel I am on the verge of acquiring some real P.R work.

I am now also a published sports reporter, I may not be reporting on the champions league for a national newspaper just yet, but my report on the Men' football varsity which is published in issue 34 of the student newspaper ,"The Met", is a start.

I have also made a great contact in the form of Hannah Limming, a second year event management student, who I am meeting next week to discuss organizing an event in February at Civic Quarter Campus. So watch this space.

With the word RECESSION ringing in my ears (cheers Gordon) and the daunting prospect of finding a job at the end of my course, I know that the experience I gain now is crucial. So wish me luck in my attempts to find a placement.

For the rest of the day I will be sending C.V's and attending a lecture by Richard Bailey.

No comments: